- 1 small onion (or half of a large)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lean Turkey Meat (tip if its not 99% fat free then you might as well save $$ and buy ground beef as fat content is almost the same)
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables or niblet corn, prepared (canned or frozen works just fine)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of garlic/butter instant potatoes (Great time saving tip if you don't have leftover mashed potatoes and you can't tell the difference)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups instant biscuit mix ( I use Bisquick)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F
Ground Turkey Layer: Saute onions in a little olive oil. Add ground turkey. After turkey is browned, add both cans of tomato sauce. Mix in prepared vegetables . Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Potato Layer: Make Instant potatoes according to package.
Biscuit Layer: Combine biscuit mix and 1 cup milk. The mix should be thinner than normal biscuit mix but not runny.Spray w/ PAM a 9 by 9 by 2-inch pan, or any similar casserole dish. Layer half way up with the mashed potatoes. Next, spread a layer of vegetable then potatoes. Then add a layer of the meat. Pour biscuit mix over meat. Melt butter and drizzle over top. Bake for approximately 35 to 45 minutes until top is golden brown. Delish!