Quaker Oats: Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
(makes 4 dozen)
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp butter softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/ teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups of Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup of raisins
1. Heat oven to 350. In large bow, beat butter and sugars (brown and granulated) on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
2.Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, Cinnamon and salt, mix well.
4. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack and cool completely.