Followers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bacon, Tomato & Asparagus Frittata

Saturday mornings are my favorite. I think it's the combination of not having to go work, getting to snuggle with my hubby for a bit and that I actually have time to cook one of my favorite meals of the day, breakfast.   This morning I was inspired by Spring coming around the corner and made a bacon, tomato & asparagus frittata.


6 Eggs
2 Tblspn of cream
5 Asparagus spears chopped to 1/2 inch pieces
1 large Plum tomatoe chopped or 6 cherry tomatoes halved
4 slices of bacon chopped
1 cup of Asiago Cheese (or whatever is on hand)
EVOO
Salt and Pepper

In over safe sautee pan cook bacon in a little bit EVOO. Once cooked put on towels to absorb the grease.
Next give a little more EVOO to pan and sautee asparagus and to tomato until soft. Meanwhile whisk 6 eggs and 2 tablespoons of cream together add some salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to pan along with bacon and cheese. Let cook on stove top on about medium heat until eggs are almost cooked, but still a little runny. Put under the broiler until full cooked about 4 mintues. Scoop out of the pan  with spatula.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment