Followers

Monday, April 16, 2012

Grilled Asian Salmon



Asian flavor has caught my cooking tastebuds lately and I think it's because it's light and healthy and a great way to add flavor to meats without adding on the pounds. It was unusually hot in Boston today which was unfortunate for the marathoners, but very pleasurable for this summer loving gal so naturally hot weather to me means grilling time.  Oh our poor grill, it is in desperate need of replacement, it's actually really sad looking as it has had no shield from the winter storms that New England had endured over the years and it is practically rusted through.So naturally for safety reasons, I asked my husband to inspect it before we fired it up and after I saw the concern on his face and heard his voice shake when he said he thought it was fine,  I followed up with asking him to turn it on  and slowly crept back into the house.  Luckily for him and our bellies the good ol'grill  started up like it hadn't skipped a meal and I was ready to go. I guess we will get one more year out of that bad boy!  The salmon turned out great, although I wish I would have kept the skin on one side to cook directly on the grill.  I say this because whenever I ask for Salmon I usually ask for the fish monger to cut off the skin as it grosses me out ever so slightly. So instead I had to cook it wrapping each piece in aluminum foil instead of risking it breaking and flaking over the grill. Needless to say it still was tasty and I am happy to share this YUMMO recipe with my followers.
Asian Salmon

1 pound of Salmon fillets
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3 Tablespoons of low sodium Soy Sauce
6 Tablespoons of EVOO
1/2 Teaspoon of minced garlic
1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper
Juice of half of a lemon

Whisk together mustard, soy sauce, EVOO, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper in bowl. Cover the Salmon with marinade and let marinate for 10 minutes (if left skin on place salmon skin side up).   Heat grill to medium heat and cook Salmon until flaky about 20 minutes or so.  I served with grilled asparagus, avocado and whole wheat bread. A great meal to end a hot summer like day.

**Tip to check if Salmon is done see if it flakes when you put a fork to it.
**Tip if cooking directly on grill brush grill with Olive Oil so the fish does not stick!
** When using aluminum foil on the grill make sure its "Heavy Duty"
To show how hot it was Deez had
 his perma grin panting all day!
He does NOT do well with this heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment