Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baked Haddock

I know I haven't been posting that much lately, but there is a reason for that. First we were on vacation in California visiting my lovely sister in law and her wonderful boyfriend where I had the must delicious pesto, feta and sun dried tomato dip! And  I have been preparing for our much needed Kitchen Renovation which is starting this weekend!! Ahhh! I will keep you posted on the progress and post before and after pictures! I can't wait to have more counter and cabinet space!

Anywho, back to the cooking...this past Sunday Haddock was on sale at the grocery store so I decided I was going to make my own version of fish and chips. I bake the fish at a high temperature instead of frying and I serve it with a baked potatoes. All the deliciousness of a the classic pub style fish and chips with half the fat and calories.

1 lb of Haddock
1/2 cup of Milk mix with 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
3/4 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs (eyeball it) mix with 1/2 cup of Parmesan (eyeball it)


Preheat oven to 500 degrees ( I know its high but it will give your fish that crispiness that is desired). As the oven is preheating deep the fillets in the milk and salt mixture then  in the Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture to coat the fillets. Put the fillets in a baking dish that is sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, so the fish is flaky. Serve with a baked potato and lemon wedge. Yummo withouth becoming a Fatto! HA,HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment