Followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's HOT and I'm not talking about the weather...



OK I have totally been ignoring my cooking/ blogging duties because:


1) It’s 100 Freak'n degrees outside and we don't have a grill that works so I don't feel sweating my butt off in front of the stove! Waaaaa!

B) I attempted to make ice cream and failed miserable, it made me sad. :(

THIRD) I am obsessed with 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy...disgusting I know.

But seriously, these books have just sucked me in! I don't know what it is, the writing is TERRIBLE (if I read "murmur" as a description as to how they speak one more time...) and the love scenes I could do without all the detail (ouch! And who knew?!)! And really E.L James, you expect me to believe this girl's first boyfriend EVER is insanely hot and rich? Puh-lease! BUT yet I find myself counting down the hours until I am finished work and errands only to pick up this disgusting novel and bury my nose in it for hours.

Maybe it's nostalgic, as I relive those feelings and complications of a relationship when you are first getting to know each other. The passion, the intensity, the mystery...OR maybe it’s the fact she is living an insanely rich life which I envy in a dark sinister like way, greatly...wardrobe full of designer clothes, helicopter rides, cars for presents...etc..., or maybe it's just an easy fun read that allows my mind escape from all the everyday stresses this world beholds on us and live in a fantasy of love, sex and desperation. Regardless of what it is it has me hooked and I can't get enough of my 50 Shades...  


5 comments:

  1. This is a really awesome blog!! Excited I found it :)

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashlee! Love yours too! Get me in SHAPE! :)

      Delete
  2. Come check out the blog hop today its a great way to get more followers! http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the trilogy yet, but I so want to! I've heard so many people say they're obsessed. :) Thanks for sharing! -Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started book three last night, I made my husband download it on his iPad because I couldn't wait until I got to the store! HA! Let me know when you get to them! :) Thanks for posting and following!

      Delete