Followers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Berry PamCakes



Pancakes are NOT my thing...I usually make them too runny, break them as I flip them or cook the outside and not the in. Therefore, I have handed that job to my lovely husband who's precise technique makes them fluffy and perfect every time. Well this morning I felt like surprising him with breakfast in bed so I decided to take another stab at my nemesis. I approached them at a different angle in hopes they would come out somewhat decent by making them healthy. So here we go, you be the judge. I still think my husbands are better, but with bikini season right around the corner I am just as happy with these for the time being.

3 Cups of Mixed Berries
1Tsp Lemon Juice
1 cup of all purpose flour (Tip from the Mom Inlaw: try 1/2 cup Wholewheat and the other half All purpose flour to up the fiber)
2 Tbsp Granular Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking powder (I used  baking soda)
1/8 Tsp Salt
1 cup buttermilk ( I used skim milk)
1 Lg egg separated
2 Lg egg whites
1/2 Tsp Vanilla (my addition)
1Tbsp of powdered sugar (for dusting)

Mix berries in bowl with lemon juice, let rest.
Sift Flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into bowl
Combine buttermilk and 1 egg yolk
Add flour mixture to wet ingredients (buttermilk/yolk) & fold in (Add berries here, however I had a blue disaster from the blueberries, So I suggest plopping the berries in the batter when you pour it on the skillet...strike out for me again!)
Fold in two beaten egg whites (beaten to form peaks)

Egg whites beaten, lift them with mixer until they form peaks

Heat up skillet use PAM to grease. I use an ice cream scoop to get even amount of batter for each pancake. Keep warm by sticking them in the oven on "warm"or wrapping a plate in tinfoil. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment