Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Brett's Breakfast Burrito



My hubby and I were watching Pioneer Woman over coffee  this morning (yes, I DVR all Food Network shows)  and she got us in the mood for some breakfast burritos!  Truth be told I was perfectly happy eating my Mother in-laws banana bread she baked for us, but  Brett saw burritos  and he was locked in.  So being the loving wife that I am, I told him I would  make him his own burrito. It was the least I could do as he did spend all of his Saturday doing house projects.  (Pavlov's law anyone? Reward for doing good :)) Turns out they were pretty darn tasty. Such a yummy and hearty breakfast that gets your day going with the rest of 'dem cowboys!

Brett's Breakfast Burritos
 (Makes 2-3)


1/2 lb of sausage
3  large eggs
2 -3 Tablespoon of cream
1/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tsp of chopped green onion
Few slices of red pepper
Tortillas (warmed up in microwave for 15 seconds)
Few dashes of Tabasco sauce
pinch of Salt and pepper

In skillet brown up sausage.  In bowl whisk together eggs and cream and pour into pan on low heat. Stir the mixture so your eggs are nice and fluffy. Once  almost done add salt, pepper and few shots of Tabasco.  Take a tortilla and layer egg and sausage mixture in middle of the tortilla first, then cheddar cheese, pepper and onion. Roll up into  a burrito or taco and enjoy! Yee-Haw!

**Make it healthy use turkey or chicken sausage, egg whites, skim milk and a whole wheat tortilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment