Followers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Monkey Bread

This is one of my favorite baaaaaaaad breakfast foods. I remember going to IGA in Maine with my Mom and always begging her to buy Monkey Bread. It is so sweet and sugary and everything an eight year old should not have! Well my sister introduced me to a recipe that is easy to make and satisfied my craving for this sweet and tasty bread.  I decided to make it for for Parade Day in Southie, so of course I put some Irish flavor into it by making the frosting green...but that is optional. :) Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 350.

3/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
3 cans of biscuits. Each biscuit quartered.

Mix sugar and cinnamon in a big zip lock bag and dump in quartered biscuits to coat. Once coated place in coated bunt pan.  They will layer.

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Stick of butter
1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract

Put all ingredients in sauce pan and melt together until it bubbles giving it a stir. Once melted drizzle over bunt pan. Place Monkey bread in oven for 25 minutes, take out and let cool to touch. Then take plate, cover bunt pan and flip pan so monkey bread slides out. Enjoy!

Note: Orange zest would be a nice flavor to add into the sauce! I need to try that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment