Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pork Loin with Cranberry Sauce


It's my birthday... 31*sigh* I don't feel any older...I examined my face in the mirror and I didn't see any new wrinkles. My energy level feels about the same as before (I've always wanted to go to bed at 10pm) and yeah its a little harder to shed the pounds these days...I guess I could blame it on age, but to be honest  I have a feeling it has more to do with willpower. Birthdays now are about  being around family and devouring a delicious meal, enjoying some good wine and finishing it up with a devilish cake. On the menu was a savory pork loin with my mom's cranberry sauce. It was  a huge hit, however be prepared to get your hands dirty. Happy Birthday to ME!

Rub Ingredients (for 1 lb of loin)
Salt (to taste)
1 Teaspoon Sage
1 Teaspoon Thyme
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Mix all ingredients in  bowl

Preheat oven to 325 degrees they usually say 30-35 minutes per pound.
Put loin in pan and drizzle EVOO on it, make sure to cover loin with EVOO, the best tool to use? Your hands.  Next use your hands and rub the "rub" (ha!) all over loin.
For 1 1/2  lb should roast should take 45-1 hour minutes, use meat thermometer in thickest part of meat to test, 170 degrees.

While the meat rests (you may want to tent it with tinfoil to keep it warm)


Cranberry Sauce
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 cup Crasins (dried cranberries)
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 Tablespoon of grape jelly

After you pull out the meat to rest on cutting board, pour off fat in pan and leave some juice. On stove on medium-high head add broth, cranberry juice, Crasins. Bring to boil and stir in jelly.  Simmer until mixture thickens (Tip use some cornstarch if it is not thicken if you add a little too much liquid).

Slice meat and prepare on platter pour some sauce over meat and keep some on reserve! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment