Followers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mama's Crunchy Chicken Bake Casserole


I am back in action people! Our kitchen is about 90% finished and I can finally cook again! Let me tell you I have been tearing it up in the kitchen ever since I got my stove back!!! Woop! Woop! Not only does cooking excite me, but the fact that I have something to BLOG about and share with you all  makes me super duper happy!

SO to kick off this post kitchen renovation blog spot I am going to tell you about my most recent dish which got a 4 our of 5 star rating from my guests. This dynamite meal is a chicken casserole that my mom used to make when I was a kid. I woke up craving it the other day and I called her for the recipe. It's super easy to make and delicious. I forgot to take a picture before I served it... however this proves how tasty it was considering I was only feeding three people...oops! :)  Enjoy


                Chicken Bake Casserole


4 cups cooked chicken meat, cubed
2 cups sliced celery
2 cups herb stuffing mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounce package sliced Swiss cheese
31/2 ounce pkg. sliced almonds

In a 9x13 inch baking pan combine all ingredients except cheese and almonds. Use half of chicken mixture and pat down in pan. Cover with Swiss cheese slices and top with remaining chicken mixture.  

Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. Remove cover and bake 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with almonds and bake 20 minutes more until bubbly.

Cranberry sauce and dinner rolls go well with it. ( I had add this comment from my mom...Isn't this SUCH a Mom comment?! HA!  xoxo Love you MOM!)

1 comment:

  1. This looks DELICIOUS! Thanks for joining our blog hop recipe swap!

    ReplyDelete