Followers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Adult Chili Mac

Adult Chili Mac


I was inspired by one of Giada’s recipes, but to please my husband I wanted to give it some heat and meat ! I served this to both my husband and his good college buddy, both gave the thumbs up and took seconds!


Ingredients


1 package of Egg Noodles
1.5 cups of Whole Milk
2 cups of Heavy cream
1 lb. of ground turkey or lean ground beef
2 cups packed tightly Fontina Cheese (could use Mont Jack instead)
1 cup packed Mozzarella
¾ cup of Parmesan
1 tbsp. butter
½ small onion chopped
¼ seasoned Breadcrumbs
Spices
¼ tsp. Salt and pepper
2 tbsp. of chili powder
1 tsp. of paprika
½ tsp. cumin
¼ red pepper flakes for  heat


Heat skillet and melt butter.  Once melted, sauté onion and then add meat. Once meat is almost cooked add spices and mix to cover all of the ground meat.


Meanwhile preheat oven to 450 degrees. Boil water for noodles. Before adding noodles salt the water, as this is your one chance to salt your pasta. Add pasta stirring frequently for about 5 minutes. Pasta should be soft but still have bite. Drain but do not rinse.


Whisk together milk, cream, salt & pepper. Add  ½ cup Parmesan, ½ cup Mozzarella and 1 cup Fontina cheese. Add noodles and ground meat, let stand for about 10 minutes for noodles to absorb some of the liquid.


Butter a 13x9 casserole dish and poor noodles and meat into dish, add remaining cheese on top and top it off with breadcrumbs. Put into preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes, sere with good bread to soak up the yumminess!




**note when I made this I used 2.5 cups of whole milk, but it was soupy. I think by reducing it by 1 cup will do the trick! However, let me know!**

No comments:

Post a Comment