Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Court's "Tater" Soup

This dish really gives you that warm and cozy feeling during those cold winter months! I was introduced to this recipe from my sister's best friend Courtney.  Courtney prepared this dish for my sister and I after we got in a serious car accident back in 2003. So now whenever I make this dish it screams love, warmth and friendship to me. Thanks Court for sharing this with us and I am always reminded of your kindness during that difficult time!

Ingredients (serves 4)

 5-6 Medium Maine Potatoes (Peeled, Boiled and cut up in hearty chunks)
1/2 cup of Sour Cream
1 1/2 cups of Half and Half (Can use Milk, but why? :))
1 can of Chicken broth (low sodium)
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Garnish
Cheddar Cheese
Bacon
Scallions

After draining potatoes put back in hot pot. Take 1/4 of them and mash up with a little stock in a separate bowl and put back in pot. Add Sour Cream, Half and Half and about 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for about 30-45 minutes so all flavors combine. Use remaining Chicken Broth to gain right consistency. 

Top with shredded Cheddar Cheese, Bacon and scallions and sever with warm crusty bread. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment