Followers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not Your Mama’s Meatloaf




I got this idea from my Nana’s meatball recipe. She included raisins in her meatballs which gave them a sweet delicious taste that made you yearn for more.  Well my husband loves raisins, but does not love meatloaf. I on the other hand adore meatloaf, it’s just one of those dishes you crave and as you devour it, it gives you a big “meatloaf” hug telling you everything is going to be alright.  Naturally, one chilly evening I was craving it, however I knew the hubby wouldn’t be too thrilled to come home to a dish that he has told me many of times he would not eat.  Well my craving outweighed my husband’s desires (surprise!), so I decided to play off my Nana’s meatball recipe and include something he loves into a dish he hated so much.  Now it’s a staple in this Dumont household, easy to make, easy clean up and yummo!
1 lb. Turkey Meat
Approx. ½ cup of Raisins
½ cup of Breadcrumbs
¼ of a red onion chopped
 1 egg beaten
¼ cup of milk
¼ Tsp. dried basil
Salt and pepper
4 slices of bacon
1 Tbsp. of Cranberry Mustard (This is key! Recommend this on sandwiches as well!)

Must have in your  kitchen!

2 Tbsp. of Ketchup
1 Tbsp. Brown Mustard
2 Tbsp. of brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl mix meat, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, milk, basil, salt, pepper and raisins.  Mix cranberry mustard, ketchup, brown mustard and brown sugar.  In meatloaf pan put meat mixture in. Take mustard and ketchup mixture and spread evenly on top.  Cut uncooked bacon in half and lay on top of the meatloaf so they are covering the top completely. Place in oven for 1 hour, until completely cooked. Serve with mashed potatoes and peas and feel the love.


No comments:

Post a Comment