Followers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sweet Salad


I love this salad, it was first introduced to me at UF at my favorite lunch spot. I have made this salad with a few variations, using blue cheese instead of feta,  toasted walnuts or almonds instead of pecans and lastly topping it off with a Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing instead of the Dijon mustard one I have made below.


Salad
1 package of Spring Salad Mix
1/4 cup dried cherries (eyeball it)
1/4 of thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup of Feta
Handful of Toasted pecans

Dressing
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons or so of maple syrup (depends on how sweet you want it)
1 teaspoon of white vinegar (cuts through sweetness and gives it a bite)
Drizzle in EVOO and whisk to right consistency
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment